Latest posts by Katryna Jolene (see all)
- Are You Stressed? I’m stressed. ARE YOU STRESSED!?…are you stressed now? - December 7, 2016
- Comfort Soup Recipe - November 30, 2016
- Indoor Aquaponics System: My new obsession - November 23, 2016
Anyway, Dr. Dentist said that I had to basically liquefy my meals for 2 days and then just soft stuff for the rest of the week.
Ok fine, I can handle that. I’m sure there’s plenty of soft foods to eat after dental surgery, right?
I’ve gotten pretty good at making smoothies and applesauce and baby food. So Monday to Wednesday I pretty much lived off baby food.
Thursday came around and I was dying to eat my food instead of drink it. It gets quite boring feasting out of a cup!
So I zipped over to the grocery store and bought the squishiest, softest foods I could find.
- Mushrooms (or poo flowers as my coworker calls them)
That’s what I could come up with.
Soft Foods To Eat After Dental Surgery
So hears what I did with my strange combination:
- I sautéed up some garlic in some coconut oil.
- Tossed in the mushrooms and tofu. Let’s those fry up while I turned my eggplant and zucchini into bite sized chunks.
- Added a couple handfuls of water, (yup I measure EVERYTHING with my hands.)
- Stirred in the veggies and let it steam for a while.
I overcooked it on purpose to make sure I could mash everything with my tongue.
I took a pretty big… nope, a HUGE portion for myself and whizzed up some for the baby. He loved it! He ate more of this brown mash than he does fruit.
I figured that if the baby scarfed it up that easy it must be OK. I was skeptical though…eggplant is weird, like feels weird, and I’ve only had tofu once before and it was a terrible experience.
But I sprinkled on some pepper and gave it a go.
It was actually pretty great!
I even warmed up the leftovers for breakfast on Friday!
Now, if your mouth isn’t full of stitches, make sure you don’t over cook everything. I’m sure it would have been even more enjoyable if there was still a little crunch, or at least had some give to it. I will absolutely make it again, I bet some herbs or liquid smoke would make a spectacular addition!
Even More Soft Foods to Eat After Dental Surgery
Friday dinner I had over cooked pasta with stewed tomatoes, chickpeas, mushrooms, tofu and zucchini. That was scrumptious too!
Saturday I had bananas and cookies for breakfast. I know, that’s a terrible breakfast. But meh, that’s what I wanted.
Now I’m finally back to normal food, thank goodness!
I managed to eat yummy, squishy, soft food for a week and I’m pretty excited about it!