“Mmmmm, your lunch smells so good and you’re always so healthy! I would love to be like that, but I just don’t have time.”
“You have home made dinners every night? You’re my idol! I’d love to be able to cook every day, but I just don’t have time.”
“I would eat all the healthy food in the world if I just had time for it!”
I’ve heard it all. Believe me. I get it. You’re busy. “You don’t have time.”
I’m sorry, but that’s just a load of bull and deep down inside you know it! We all have the same number of hours in the day and we all choose to use them in certain ways. If you don’t choose to use your time in a way that allows you to eat healthy, than that is a choice you are making. You have the exact same amount of time as the rest of us do.
Here’s a little insight to my life.
- I work full time, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.
- I also operate this blog and it’s subsidiary media (social media, side projects like building a magazine, etc) which takes an average of 15 hours a week.
- I am also a freelance graphic designer, which consumes an additional 15 hours a week approximately.
- That translates into a 70 hour work week.
- My commute to work takes up 2 hours a day, 4 days a week (I work from home one day a week, so no commute), for a grand total of 8 hours per week.
- I also exercise. I believe in a fit body as strongly as I believe in nutrition, so there goes another 5ish hours a week.
- I like to keep my home clean, and I am somehow a very messy person, so that honestly takes up another 5ish hours a week.
- I am hygienic, so I’d say about 45 minutes a day goes to showering, brushing my teeth, etc.
- I try to get 7 hours of sleep a day, which takes up a whopping 49 hours out of my week.
There are 168 hours in a week. I’ve already accounted for 142.25 hours. Which still leaves me with 25.75 hours a week to feed myself and maintain some balance of a social life. I am considered by most people to be a work-o-holic and if I can figure out how to eat healthy, you sure can!
So I have a challenge for you. Two actually.
It’s Time to Eat Healthy Challenges
- Challenge #1: Figure out your hours. Work out exactly how much time you spend working, and cleaning and sleeping and doing the necessities of life. Subtract that from the 168 hours we all get in a week. What you’re left with is all the extra hours you could be using to eat healthy and live healthy so that you can live longer and happier and gain more hours in your LIFE.
- Challenge #2: Download and read my free eBook, How to Be Busy AND Healthy.
Ok, I have one more challenge for you.
- Challenge #3: Write me an email or leave a comment below to answer me one question with completely honesty – deep-down, soul searching kind of truth: Do you really not HAVE the time to eat healthy, or are you choosing not to USE your time to eat healthy? I already know the answer, but you need to do your own work to figure it out. And then keep coming back here to learn more about how you can get to a place where eating healthy becomes the best part of your day.
No lies, I have a friend who consistently says to me, “Monique, I wish I loved anything in life as much as you love your food.” Because I really do LOVE my food – and it’s ridiculously healthy food.