Latest posts by Monique Nelson (see all)
- Is Intermittent Fasting For Everyone? - April 11, 2017
- The One Nutrient You are Nearly Guaranteed to be Deficient In - April 10, 2017
- Running is the Devil’s Exercise – quote - April 7, 2017
I go through phases in my eating habits. I am the perfect candidate for make ahead meals because when I get a hankering for something, I want to eat that one thing all the time. Everyday for a week. Sometimes longer, depending on what it is. If I am in a peanut butter mood, for example, I want peanut butter on everything I eat all day long.
Right now, I’m in a hummus and wrap mood. I’ll try any kind of hummus and I’ll try it on anything. I tried a pumpkin spice hummus with my family over the holidays. They had never tried hummus, and were not really inclined to, if I’m being honest on their behalf. But, my family is sweet and lovely and the like to make me happy, so my mom and step-dad and sister and all her kids tried hummus. And they liked it!
I had brought carrots sticks and roasted red pepper hummus with me for the long drive to their house, and had enough to share while I was there. They liked it so much my mom went out and bought a new flavour so that we wouldn’t run out! I think pumpkin spice is probably a seasonal variety, but we all agreed that it was great on crackers, not quite right as a veggie dip. Just in case you want to give it a try. I have a feeling it would be amazing on a piece of naan bread, warmed up in a pan with some coconut oil…yum!
Anyways, I’m in a mood where I always want hummus and I’ll wrap anything up. This is a great mood to be in because it makes my lunches really very easy. Hummus is great in wraps. And then you can add anything else you want to have, or happen to have in your fridge at the moment. If you bring a lunch to work, a wrap is super portable, quick to make and they don’t get soggy like bread does. I can’t handle sogginess. Here is what I created for lunch today:
Easy Hummus Wrap with Avocado, Mushrooms and Clover Sprouts
Serving size: 1
Fat: 11.1 g
- 1 Dempster's Ancient Grains Tortilla Wrap
- 2 Tbsp Fontaine Sante Caramelized Onions Hummus
- 3 Organic White Button Mushrooms
- ¼ Organic Avocado
- Handful of Organic Clover Sprouts
- Spread the hummus over the entire wrap, leaving about a 1 inch border. This helps it stick together when rolled up, but also keeps it from squishing out the edges and getting messy.
- Add your mushrooms, broken up into bite-sized bits
- Add your avocado, cut up into bite-sized bits
- Add your sprouts
- Roll up, package up for later or dig right in!
What is your favourite combination to wrap up, or your favourite hummus recipe? Leave some thoughts in the comments section below!