Full disclosure, I did not create this video. Those are not my arms with the artistic tattoos, nor do I have such impressive knife skills.
However, I do have ownership of this video, and this salad is genuinely delicious with my full stamped of drool-worthy approval.
This Lentil Salad With Cumin Lime Dressing is hearty, let me tell you. Fill your plate (or bowl) with caution, because with all those beans and lentils, a little goes a long way. If you’re looking for ways to vary your protein intake, this is a great place to start!
Lentil Salad With Cumin Lime Dressing
For the Salad
- 100 g Cannellini Beans
- If dry, soak overnight and then cook for 1.25 hours
- If using canned beans, just give them a good rinse before using
- 100 g Green Lentils
- Soak overnight and then cook for 30 minutes
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- Let’s be honest, I used the whole thing. There is no such thing as too much bell pepper…
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
For the Dressing
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- I took a lot of time to dice my garlic quite fine, and then I remembered how much I love garlic and realized it didn’t need to be so little. I would advise you to chop according to your own raw garlic threshold. Would biting into a big chunk be frightful or a surprise delight?
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Again, I used the whole thing, but this did make for a fragrant salad!
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Dash, sprinkle or pinch of salt, to taste
- Add all the Salad ingredients to a bowl
- Add all the dressing ingredients to another, smaller bowl
- Whisk the dressing well
- Add dressing to the salad bowl and toss everything to combine
- Bonus points if you can toss like a chef in a movie without dropping most of it on the floor!
NOTE: the dried plant he taps into the salad at the end, that’s the cumin. I used regular dried cumin from my pantry. Honestly, next time I think I’m going to use ground cumin because, as much as I love the flavour, I’m not in love with seeds themselves. Personal choice!
Lentil Salad With Cumin Lime Dressing – Leftovers Guide
So, my go to for any type of salad like this is to spread some hummus onto a wrap, fill it with the salad goods, bundle it up and toast it a bit in a frying pan.
I have another tip, however, for this one. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list and I have a feeling it will be epic: make a veggie pot pie out of it. Sounds good right!?