Latest posts by Monique Nelson (see all)
- Is Intermittent Fasting For Everyone? - April 11, 2017
- The One Nutrient You are Nearly Guaranteed to be Deficient In - April 10, 2017
- Running is the Devil’s Exercise – quote - April 7, 2017
This is the type of meal that had me sneaking bites out of the sauce pan in the kitchen before serving the dinner…even though I was cooking for one! The sauce was seriously phenomenal and the squash turned out so beautifully!
Serves: 4 servings
- Organic Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Organic Extra Lean Ground Beef
- ¼ Each Organic Red, Orange & Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 Cup Organic Tomato Sauce*
- 75 g Organic Arugula
- Poke holes through whole spaghetti squash with a fork, all around the squash
- Put in a crock pot and add a cup or two of water
- Cook on low for 3.5 hours (depending on the power of your crock pot, may require longer)
- When cooked, remove from water and let cool while you prepare the sauce.
- Warm coconut oil in pan and add beef. Brown till cooked; around 5 minutes.
- Add Peppers, Arugula and Tomato Sauce, and desired spices and simmer for approximately 3 minutes.
- If you like your peppers softer, add earlier and cook longer. I like mine crunchy!
- While the sauce is simmering, slice the ends off the squash and then cut it lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds, careful not to take too much of the "spaghetti".
- Fill up a plate and top with a scoop of sauce.
- Bon Appétit!
**I like things a bit spicy, so the spices I added to this particular sauce was actually a Salsa Mix - Pico Picante, from Victorian Epicure
The size of your squash and power of your Crock Pot may alter cooking times. After the 3 hour mark, poke your squash to determine remainder of cooking time.
My squash was actually quite large, but my Crock Pot is new and wonderful, and it took just less than 3.5 hours, though I was expecting a 4.5 hour cook time!